Spring is Asparagus season! Yummy! Asparagus is low in calories and carbs, high in vitamin K, great for blood and bone health, and high in folate which is good for cell growth and development.
This seasonal veggie is easy to grow and easy to prepare. Here is a recipe that is a great compliment to any dinner.
1 large bunch of Asparagus
1 tbs. Olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup of chopped Pistachios
¼ cup crumbled Feta
- Preheat the over to 400 degrees
- Cut off about 1 1/2” of the bottom of the Asparagus, discard
- Place the Asparagus spears on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice
- Season with salt and pepper
- Roast approx. 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with crushed Pistachios and Feta