This time of year if you grew Zucchini, or you know someone who did, most likely you have a surplus! Sick of Zucchini bread? Want to try something different? Here is a recipe for savory Zucchini muffins that are so good you will want to replace them as your traditional dinner rolls.
- ¾ cup of flour
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of grated zucchini
- Preheat over to 375 degrees
- Grate the zucchini, squeeze grated zucchini in a towel or cheese cloth to remove all the moisture (do not skip this step or the muffins will be too wet)
- In one bowl combine four, baking powder and Italian seasoning, in another bowl combine egg and milk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Add the zucchini and cheese to the batter
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non stick spray and fill cups 2/3 full with batter
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes