Looking to try something different for a Thanksgiving side dish? These roasted vegetables are delicious and easy to make. They can even be made ahead and reheated!
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 – 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into 3/4” – 1” cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ tsp. dried onion flakes
¼ tsp. dried thyme
pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash brussel spouts, trim off end and cut in half. Place in a large Pyrex baking pan.
- Wash sweet potato and chop into 3/4” – 1” pieces, add to sweet potatoes
- Mince garlic and stir it into the vegetables
- Pour 1/3 cup olive oil into pan, stir vegetables
- Add seasoned salt, onion flakes, pepper and thyme. Stir to coat vegetables.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and poke some air holes in the foil
- Roast at 400 for 30 minutes with foil on
- Remove foil and bake additional 15 minutes
To reheat bake at 400 for 20 minutes or reheat in cast iron skillet on stove top. Either way be sure to add some additional olive oil to the pan to prevent sticking.